[DRBD-user] md - drbd - lvm - ext3 fs/partition table out of sync or not updated

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Wed Oct 9 22:14:09 CEST 2013

Hi

I am having a setup where drbd is running on top of a software raid. On
the drbd device a physical volume, a volume group and logical volumes
are created.

Online resizes of raid and drbd devices have been done.

Dumpe2fs gives for the filesystem on both nodes the same, 1654390784
blocks
fdisk on drbd device gives for both nodes the same, 14994541563904 bytes
fdisk on md21 device gives for both nodes the same, 14994999214080 bytes

Status of drbd is uptodate/uptodate so I can assume that the vg and lv's
on top of the drbd device are ok.

But still on node2
The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 1654390784 blocks
The physical size of the device is 1392246784 blocks
Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!

Is this a problem with a kernel that is not running with up to date
partition table / device information because of a resize? How can this
be updated?

Thanks in advance

PS. I don’t want to restart a node

F1 Outsourcing Development Sp. z o.o.