[DRBD-user] Stacking with node in secondary role

Aaron Johnson aaronjohnson at ajserver.com
Fri Mar 29 17:08:51 CET 2013

Hello all,

I need to use a secondary node as my syncSource for a stacked resource
due to connection issues.

Is it possible to make a node in role secondary of the underlying
resource as the syncSource for a stacked resource?

Here is my best attempt at my configuration:

                      Stack_res
             |                                 |
E - EQ_res - Q                 A - AB_res       {WAN Link}   - B

E, Q, and A are connected with gigabit, B however B is over a 20 megabit
WAN link.

B must be in role Primary in the AB_res.

A is up-to-date with B.

EQ_res however has no data from AB_res yet, since we do not want (and
cannot) send the 1.5TB of data over the slow WAN link again we need to
pull it from A (i.e. Stack_res needs to be connected to A, which is in
role Secondary).

I currently have Stack_res up in role primary on B however I need to
move it so it is up on A now while keeping B in the primary role.

Is there a way to use a node in role secondary of the underlying
resource as the syncSource for a stacked resource?

Thanks,
Aaron Johnson