[DRBD-user] Uncatchable DRBD out-of-sync issue

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Mar 25 10:11:27 CET 2013

Hi,

there is a certain risk of data not reaching the hard disk soundly. This
is electronics, bits can get flipped for the dumbest of reasons (yes,
space radiation is now more dangerous to your computer than 20 years
ago, for one. Or so I've heard.)

What's your hard disk stack?

ZFS is said to protect against this, but I can see difficulties
arranging it into a DRBD stack. I don't know much about it though.

On 03/25/2013 09:20 AM, Stanislav German-Evtushenko wrote:
> 1. Resync after host2 rebooted: everything seems okay
> 2. Split brain after 10 minutes of normal work

Hmm, I'm not sure what data-integrity-alg implies, but if it disconnects
your nodes if the data is too distorted, this would be the outcome for a
dual-primary.

If you have the freedom, there are some things to try, e.g.
- not use ethernet bonding
- not use dual-primary
- use a smaller partition