[DRBD-user] Migrating data to 4-node setup from node in secondary status

Aaron Johnson aaronjohnson at ajserver.com
Sun Mar 17 04:34:12 CET 2013

I'm currently faced with a challenge.

What we have:

    A 2-Node DRBD setup:

        ClientA is the primary node and is located offsite
        ClientB is onsite
        Approximately 1.5 TB of data is currently replicated using
        protocol A w/ ahead/behind enabled
        Data changes about 30GB per month

Due to a unique set of requirements we need to add 2 nodes that are
relatively onsite.

The primary offsite server is replicated over a slow WAN connection with
monthly data transfer limits.

As such we need to replicate the data from ClientB to the 2 new servers
ending up in a 4-node cluster.

Our initial replication between ClientA and ClientB was via truck, this
however is not an option for the 2 new servers.

I'm looking for recommendations to migrate from this 2-node setup to a
4-node configuration without having to pull all 1.5TB over the WAN link

Thanks,
Aaron Johnson