[DRBD-user] Primary fully unavailable with "time expired" errors

AZ 9901 az9901 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 22:36:15 CET 2013

Hello,

I faced a big issue with DRBD.

OS : Linux Debian 6
Kernel : 2.6.32-4
DRBD : 8.3.14

My primary server (srv2-2) was totally unreachable, it only replied to ping.
Apache, SSH etc... were not replying anymore.

So I connected to my secondary server (srv2-1) and closed communication between both.
This made srv2-2 available again !
I decided however to change srv2-1 from Secondary to Primary and to reboot srv2-2.

Following are logs from srv2-2 and srv2-1, with some comments.
srv2-2 : http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=zkHV5Tr9
srv2-1 : http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=WX4vNR6d

on srv2-2, sar tells me that some of my CPU cores were 100% used (100% iowait) during all the time frame in which I had "time expired" errors.

Could you help me please ?

Thank you very much,

Ben