[DRBD-user] r0 ok, r1 PingAck did not arrive in time

Lukas Gradl proxmox at ssn.at
Thu Jun 27 21:18:06 CEST 2013

Zitat von cesar <brain at click.com.py>:

> Hi  Lukas Gradl-4
>
> I believe that your NIC Intel is very old and you need update the firmware
> and driver, Many things are arranged in this way.
>
> In this Web page Intel tell that this card exist since Jun/2007
> http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ethernet-controllers/82574l-gbe-controller-datasheet.html

It may exist since 2007 but it is still one of the Cards used in many
Serverboards.

> For update his firmware and your driver please visit this link of Intel for
> Intel® 82574 Gigabit:
> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Ethernet+Components&ProductLine=Ethernet+Controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+82574+Gigabit+Ethernet+Controller&ProdId=3023&LineId=976&FamilyId=2280
>
> And please, tell me about of this.

As I told you already: This is a production system with a
DRBD-Ressource running perfectly under heavy load. So I don't think
the NIC or the cabling is the problem.

And I do not change a production system just because there is a newer
Version - i'm not on windows, where this seems to be the way to fix
things. I update the system when the problem is defintly identified
and it's clear that the update will fix the problem!

I'm just evaluating what Lars Ellenberg wrote - this is some
interesting information....

regards
Lukas