[DRBD-user] drbdadm verify resource with cron

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Fri Jun 21 14:02:02 CEST 2013

Roberto:

You are not looking for a return code, and the oos counter in /proc/drbd might not go up for hours.

What you want is to configure the Out Of Sync handler. Mine (cron to run weekly, one resource per night) says:
                out-of-sync      "/usr/lib/drbd/notify-out-of-sync.sh myemail at address.tld<mailto:myemail at address.tld>";

When I get these email, I can remedy the situation; disconnect/connect to resync, replace a drive if it's bad, whatever. It only sends the email about once per year (not using RAID).

Dan in Atlanta