[DRBD-user] Replication problems constants with DRBD 8.3.10

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Jun 16 06:12:19 CEST 2013

On 06/16/2013 12:05 AM, cesar wrote:
> Thanks again digimer for your answer
>
> I read your link, but with DRBD i use direct connection to the NICs and not
> over switches. But as I'm in front of a problem, I will try in mode
> active-backup.
>
> But if you can give me links for this case I will be very grateful
>
> And about of fencing, I meant "fence_ack_manual", I didn't know about of the
> option "fence_manual", "fence_ack_manual" is supported by RHEL6, and this
> requires human intervention (i have tested and work well), please see this
> link (official Web page of HP):
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&tmp_geoLoc=true&docname=c03058202
>
> Best regards
> Cesar

HP didn't write the software, Red Hat did.

See: https://access.redhat.com/site/articles/28601 and look at point [3].

Further: https://access.redhat.com/site/node/36302

Being able to ack a stuck fence is needed in some cases, but it is
certainly not supported as a fence method proper. The only time it
should ever be used is if a real fence device failed for some reason, a
human forcefully powered off the bad node and then needed to clear the
failed fence to restore service.

Said again, manual fencing is *not* supported. Yes, it works, but so
does driving down the highway without a seatbelt. First time something
goes wrong, you have a very bad day.

Please use real fencing. I can not help you further until you do so.

--
Digimer
access to education?