[DRBD-user] drbd+mysql+innodb

Simon Ironside sironside at caffetine.org
Thu Jun 13 13:23:24 CEST 2013

On 13/06/2013 09:33, Louis wrote:

> I'm curious to find out from you which you use DRBD at different sites,
> do you mean your drbd notes are in different datacenter/location? Does
> it slow down the whole operation?

Some of the nodes I manage are in different data centres that are about
30 miles apart over a 100Mbps layer 2 LES link. This translates to
<1.8ms ping on the DRBD interfaces between the sites.

We are using protocol C (synchronous replication) so this added latency
will slow down writes vs a 10cm crossover cable but it's not been an
issue for our usage patterns. Reads are always local so are unaffected
by this.

Regards,
Simon.