[DRBD-user] Have DRBD some secure mechanism to check data integrity?

cesar brain at click.com.py
Fri Jul 12 06:40:09 CEST 2013

Hi to all

To anyone that can help me:
(If is Mr. Lars, will be welcome)

Nowadays anyone have KVM VMs with data bases,
also QEMU-KVM have the feature of "Live Migration of VMs",
and to enjoy these features with DRBD,
DRBD must be configured as "primary/primary",
or at least so it is with Proxmox.

And Mr. Lars Ellenberg of LinBit team (Head of Programming) tell that DRBD
have integrity of the  mirrored data:
The "online-verify" mechanism and the "data-integrity-alg" of the network
section,
but these mechanisms deliver false positives .... :-(
Please see this link of Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:40:44 -0800 , in which Mr. Lars
explained in depth:
http://www.mail-archive.com/drbd-user@lists.linbit.com/msg03373.html

Then, nowadays I don't have a sure mechanism to check data integrity?,
and as I can't power off my VMs for apply some mechanism to check data
integrity,
then, i will must think that DRBD isn't ready for use it on production
enviroments?, or
nowadays we have a mechanism sure to check data integrity?

In any case I admire the enormous effort of this team to make a  Open Source
product very rich in options.

Best regadrs
Cesar