[DRBD-user] Problem mounting lvm snapshot

tamainut abkrim at tamainut.com
Sat Jan 19 12:13:41 CET 2013

Sorry to reopen a post so old, but looks like our problem, but what is said
in the post is not true for us.

mount-t ext4-o your, favorite, mount, options / dev / $ vg / $ snap_lv / mnt
/ point or
mount-t ext3-o your, favorite, mount, options / dev / $ vg / $ snap_lv / mnt
/ point

Produces the same effect:
  mount: unknown filesystem type 'drbd'

We tested all scenarios.

DRBD active
Off (after restarting the machine)

Desolate.

On both machines, Primary and Secondary, both LV is corrupt and can not boot
the system containing.

On both machines, we can do even a fsck or mount the disks to make use of
the data (Such rsync) in the new KVM we are installing to restore this great
disaster.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/24875

Certainly we are desperate.

DRBD 8.3.13-0

We just want to at this stage of the impact, to mount the LV in the system
(Proxmox 2.2), and to make certain things rsync after restoration we are
doing missing from the backup.
Lars Ellenberg wrote