[DRBD-user] Device is held open by someone

Felipe Gutierrez felipe.o.gutierrez at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:04:51 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a failover system only with drbd. When my primary node
get out of the network, the secondary node became primary and I mount the
filesystem.
secondary# drbdadm primary r7
secondary# mount /dev/drbd7 /mnt/drbd7/

Until that every thing is ok.
At this time, my old primary node has to became the secondary and I have to
discard my changes.
primary# umount -l /mnt/drbd7
primary# drbdadm secondary r7
7: State change failed: (-12) Device is held open by someone
Command 'drbdsetup 7 secondary' terminated with exit code 11
primary# drbdadm -- --discard-my-data connect r7

Does anyone have a hint?
Thnaks in advance!
Felipe

--