[DRBD-user] parse error on meta-disk

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Feb 26 10:37:08 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 09:00:19AM +0000, James Harper wrote:
> When I try and start drbd I get:
>
> Reloading DRBD configuration:drbd.d/vm.res:7: Parse error: '[' expected, but got ';' (TK 59)
>
> The line it's breaking on is:
>
>   meta-disk /dev/vg00/drbd-meta;
>
> and I suspect it thinks it wants an index even though that is supposed to be optional.

Uhm, no.

fixed size indexed external meta data != flexible, non-indexed external meta data

flexible-meta-disk takes no index,
and potentially uses the full device provided.

With 8.4 we taught the parser to also accept "meta-disk /dev/X"
in place of "flexible-meta-disk /dev/X",
but the 8.3 parser really wants an index with meta-disk,
and "flexible-" with the non-indexed variant.

Cheers,

	Lars