[DRBD-user] invalidate a resource on both in Primary/Primary on connection loss (instead of disconnect)

Thomas Hänig haenig at cosifan.de
Wed Feb 20 13:31:47 CET 2013

Hi all,
I'm thinking of using a drbd device in an Oracle RAC 2 node cluster with
two FC storages (one vorting disk each) as a third voting disk.

My only concern here is drbds behaviour on connection loss.

Instead of two disconnected Primaries with each one using its only local
device (and relying on Oracle to notice this) my idea would be to simply
make the drbd device inaccessible/invalid on both nodes and let Grid/RAC
do the rest.

Could this be achieved somehow?

Regards
Thomas