[DRBD-user] drbd sync rate slow down during resync

Mia Lueng xiaozunvlg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 12:39:22 CET 2013

Hi all:
Happy new year!

I use drbd 8.3.15 now and I find a problem.  The drbd sync rate slow down
during resync . The initial sync rate will be up to 100MB/s(in gigabyte
lan) and become slower and slower during resync . At the end , it will
reach to 20MB/s.  But after I disconnect it and connect again ,the resync
rate will return to 80-100MB/s.  There are no other I/O operation during
the sync.
Here is my configuration:

resource drbd0 {
    protocol B;

    disk
    {
        on-io-error      pass_on;
        no-disk-barrier;
        no-disk-flushes;
    }

    syncer
    {
        rate      100M;
        c-plan-ahead      20;
        c-delay-target   100;
        c-max-rate       400M;
        c-min-rate        2M;
        al-extents       601;
        csums-alg        md5;
        verify-alg       md5;
    }

    net
    {
        ping-timeout      30;
        ping-int          5;
        max-epoch-size   8192;
        max-buffers      8912;
        unplug-watermark 131072;
        after-sb-0pri    discard-zero-changes;
    }

    on ha1 {
        device    /dev/drbd0;
        disk      /dev/system/omma;
        address   172.16.30.111:7700;
        meta-disk internal;
    }
    on peer {
        device    /dev/drbd0;
        disk      /dev/system/omma;
        address   172.16.30.112:7700;
        meta-disk internal;
    }

}

During the sync operation ,the drbd0's utils% is near to 100%.