[DRBD-user] Instead the bad drbd server

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Dec 24 03:37:20 CET 2013

On 23/12/13 09:24 PM, Tian Zhiying wrote:
> Hi
> Now I have a HA,the two server IP is :192.168.1.37 and
> 192.168.1.38,Virtual IP is 192.168.1.35, it use drbd store data, but
> one of the server(192.168.1.38)hardware error, I must instead it from
> new server(192.168.1.39), how can I config the new server's drbd?
> Thanks.
> Tian Zhiying

If you setup matching sized partitions on .39, then it should be fairly
simple. Update .37's resource configuration to point to .39 instead of
.38. Then copy /etc/drbd* from .37 over to .39, Use 'drbdadm create-md
<res>' to setup the new DRBD resource backing device. Make sure that the
resources on .37 are in WFConnection state ('drbdadm attach <res>' if
they aren't) and then, on .39, run 'drbdadm connect <res>'.

If it works well, you should be able to watch /proc/drbd and see that it
is sync'ing from .37 (.37 should show each resource in the connection
state "SyncSource" and the resource(s) on .39 should be in
"SyncTarget"). Once the sync completes, you data is safe again.

If you have any specific trouble, share the details of your
configuration (distro/drbd/cluster stack details and versions). Config
files also help us understand your setup and thus offer better advice.

good luck!

PS - If you're concerned about the process, create a few VMs and
replicate the current state (create two VMs, set them us as you had
before, delete one of the VMs, create a new VM and walk through the
process of adding it to the previous VM). It's _always_  better to test
before trying anything on production systems.

--
Digimer
access to education?