[DRBD-user] ubuntu 12.04 & drbd9

Charlton Galvarino charlton at 2creek.com
Wed Dec 18 17:08:43 CET 2013

Hello, all.  I am trying to spin up drbd9 on a fresh Ubuntu 12.04 land and am running into some module conflicts.

The docs tell me 'apt-get install drbd8-utils drbd8-module' but there is no such thing as drbd8-module because it's supposedly already in the kernel.  I thought it was odd that the drbd9 docs asked to install drbd8-* anything.

So I continued to install it from source.
./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc --with-km --with-udev

It installed well, but when I try and make magic happen, it gets confused.

drbdadm create-md r0
DRBD module version: 8.3.11
   userland version: 9.0.0
please don't mix different DRBD series.

Has anyone had luck w/ this yet?  In the ideal world I'd figure out how to get rid of the 8 module altogether and have 9 in its place.

TIA.

Charlton Galvarino
1 (803) 233-6205 : voice
1 (803) 223-9579 : fax