[DRBD-user] [Pacemaker] Automatic constraint creation when migrate

Gaëtan Slongo gslongo at it-optics.com
Thu Dec 5 09:32:56 CET 2013

Hi !

I'm getting troubles since 2 days. I'm trying to use a DRBD resource
managed by a corosync+pacemaker cluster. I'm using Debian wheezy with
embeded packages.

root at keskonrix1:~# dpkg -l corosync pacemaker drbd8-utils
Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder

État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-installé/W=attend-traitement-déclenchements
|/ Err?=(aucune)/besoin Réinstallation (État,Err: majuscule=mauvais)
||/ Nom                      Version           Architecture      Description
+++-========================-=================-=================-=====================================================
ii  corosync                 1.4.2-3           amd64
Standards-based cluster framework (daemon and modules
ii  drbd8-utils              2:8.3.13-2        amd64             RAID 1
over tcp/ip for Linux utilities
ii  pacemaker                1.1.7-1           amd64             HA
cluster resource manager

My DRBD module version is : 8.3.11

I think my DRBD config is OK. For me the problem comes with PACEMAKER.
Here is the problem :

DRBD is launched on both nodes. crm status shows :

 Master/Slave Set: drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1
[drbd-ServicesConfigs1]
     Masters: [ keskonrix2 ]
     Slaves: [ keskonrix1 ]

My Pacemaker config shows crm configure show :

node keskonrix1 \
    attributes standby="off"
node keskonrix2 \
    attributes standby="off"
node status
primitive drbd-ServicesConfigs1 ocf:linbit:drbd \
    params drbd_resource="services-configs1" \
    op monitor interval="29s" role="Master" \
    op monitor interval="31s" role="Slave"
ms drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1 drbd-ServicesConfigs1 \
    meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
clone-node-max="1" notify="true" target-role="Started" id="ServicesConfigs1"
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
    dc-version="1.1.7-ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff" \
    cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
    expected-quorum-votes="2" \
    stonith-enabled="false" \
    no-quorum-policy="ignore" \
    last-lrm-refresh="1386172533" \
    default-resource-stickiness="100"

As soon as I try to migrate resource (with crm resource migrate
drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1) a new rsc_constraint is
automatically created and my drbd resource is stopped on the "slave
node". Then my DRDB resource is degraded. When I launch the migration
command a message appears :

crm(live)# resource migrate drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1
WARNING: Creating rsc_location constraint
'cli-standby-drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1' with a score of
-INFINITY for resource drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1 on keskonrix1.
    This will prevent drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1 from running on
keskonrix1 until the constraint is removed using the 'crm_resource -U'
command or manually with cibadmin
    This will be the case even if keskonrix1 is the last node in the cluster
    This message can be disabled with -Q

The constraint created is :

location cli-standby-drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1
drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1 \
    rule $id="cli-standby-rule-drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1" -inf:
#uname eq keskonrix1

Pacemaker status shows :

 Master/Slave Set: drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1
[drbd-ServicesConfigs1]
     Masters: [ keskonrix2 ]
     Stopped: [ drbd-ServicesConfigs1:1 ]

I know pacemaker stops DRBD because of this constraint (and probably the
-inf) but I don't know why this constraint is created. Since I remove
this constraint and commit, DRBD is automatically restarted on the other
node. I follow many tutorials, read DRBD documentation and tried many
things but I did'nt find any solution. What should I do to prevent my
resource being automatically stopped ?

Thank you so much for advance,

Gaëtan