[DRBD-user] DRBD not mounting anymore

Jonathan-Marc Lapointe jmlapointe at ccdmd.qc.ca
Tue Dec 3 17:15:04 CET 2013

Hi list users,

I have a server running Ubuntu server version 12.04.3 64 bits with
kernel version 3.8.0-34-generic that has DRBD over LVM.

Up until today, it was working fine. But now it will not even create the
/dev/drbd0 device at boot so the partition will not mount.

Here is the info I gathered for now :

After boot, dmesg says :
[   65.165152] events: mcg drbd: 3
[   65.169208] drbd: initialized. Version: 8.4.2 (api:1/proto:86-101)
[   65.169210] drbd: srcversion: 18C7EBE1B3F8CCCB5CF512C
[   65.169212] drbd: registered as block device major 147

Sys log says the same.

The command service drbd status says :

    drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
    version: 8.4.2 (api:1/proto:86-101)
    srcversion: 18C7EBE1B3F8CCCB5CF512C
    m:res  cs  ro  ds  p  mounted  fstype

But it takes a very long time to complete.

Package drbd8-utils is version 8.3.11

I'm new to DRBD so I'm not quite sure where to look next.

Whan could be the cause of this ?

My problem is that this server was supposed to be part of a cluster of
two servers but for some reason, it never happened so it is running
alone even thought that it is using drbd. At least for now.

Thanx !

CCDMD 20 ans !

Jonathan-Marc Lapointe
Technicien en informatique,
Administrateur système,
Administrateur réseau

Centre collégial de développement de matériel didactique
6220, rue Sherbrooke Est, bureau 404
Montréal (Québec) H1N 1C1
(514) 864-8928
www.ccdmd.qc.ca <http://www.ccdmd.qc.ca>