[DRBD-user] DRBD with iSCSI vs NFS issue

Mark Coetser mark at tux-edo.co.za
Tue Dec 3 14:28:14 CET 2013

On 03/12/2013 15:06, Gerald Brandt wrote:
> Anybody have an idea whats happened (see below)?  The iSCSI and NFS load are both KVM images (iSCSI is LVM based).
>
> Gerald

Hi

I have a similar issue (look for my recent post), except my issue causes
load on my nfs clients to climb under lots or read/writes, I have
lowered the impact now by adjusting the nfs mount options. According to
the research I have done the slower speeds of nfs are just the nature of
the nfs server due to it being a "shared" file system where as iscsi is
dedicated to a single hosts read/writes.

Thank you,

Mark Adrian Coetser