[DRBD-user] Raid1/Drbd read performance

Walter Robert Ditzler ditwal001 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 16:06:25 CEST 2013

Hi,

to me here your question confuses a bit. About what RAID you talk about?
RAID0, RAID1 or RAID5? With RAID0 you have twice read performance in best
case. But DRBD does RAID1 over TCP/IP what means mirroring two disk/disk
set. If one fails the other one comes into operation.

Next I don't understand, when you got iSCSI then you don't need DRBD! In my
mind iSCSI devices are all connected to the same host, here what you need is
"mount".

DRBD usually you will need to implement RAID1 with two separate hosts, to
become hardware redundanty over TCP/IP. If that is what you need, then yes,
DRBD can do this.

Thanks, Walter