[DRBD-user] DRBD with CentOS in Production?

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 22:11:45 CEST 2013

Since it's CFP time right now I will make it short and sweet. When I first
started out with Linux-HA there was a small learning curve to be had. Every
mistake I could have possibly made, i did, and hence learned so much that I
can assist a lot of people on this mailing list as I have experience ALL
your problems (start off with DRBD, move over to pacemaker+corosync onto
openais ocfs, dlm, o2cb etc..., and the little bit of bash RA script to
bring everything together).

Been thinking about firing up those virtual machines just to provide people
with complete configs to help them with there issues. Like this guy:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/140873b9fc59e973

I know this problem. I experienced more that two years ago. Once I have
submitted this conference paper, I will respond to that email.

Bottom line is there are people who are sincere in there endeavours, ones
that actually spend countless hours pumping out messages helping each
other. You know exactly who you are.
And then there are opportunists, that see an angle and try to capitalize on
it. Maybe they even started off as the prior as I am sure they have. Or
maybe they feel their time working for companies that did just that went
under appreciated and unrecognized.

Florian, your time to us was more valued when you joined us in the said
learning curves. In my view, that's your better side.

I know my comments where out of line. I am not taking an
insulting/offensive stand. This is just a mere "we miss Florian" message.

N.