[DRBD-user] Configuring (temporarily) On One Node

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 20:27:50 CEST 2013

I have to do some juggling of servers to get drbd going. At the moment
I have a server with just straight Debian running on it that I'm
trying to configure for drbd. I will move all the data off the main
server on to this server until I can reconfigure that server for drbd
as well.

I need to configure drbd to run on a single node for a while, and I
have had nothing but grief trying to do this. Essentially, when I try
to bring my single node up via "drbdadm primary r0" I get:

1: State change failed: (-2) Need access to UpToDate data
Command 'drbdsetup 1 primary' terminated with exit code 17

My configuration is as follows:

resource kvmimages {
        on vs02 {
                device /dev/drbd1;
                disk /dev/md0p6;
                address 10.100.0.1:7789;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
        on vs01 {
                device /dev/drbd1;
                disk /dev/sda3;
                address 10.100.0.2:7789;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
}

At the moment the only configured server is vs02.

--
Aaron Clausen
mightymartianca at gmail.com