[DRBD-user] Xen LVM-based VM with DRBD and primary/primary redundancy.

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Apr 8 07:38:55 CEST 2013

On 04/06/2013 04:15 PM, Daniel Lopes de Carvalho wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I have two XEN servers with LVM-based VMs and I´m looking for a way
> create a redundancy between them.
>
> I followed this link to create the XEN servers:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/using-xen-with-lvm-based-vms-instead-of-image-based-vms-debian-etch&ei=qX5gUaiKOIzU9ATGrIDgCQ&usg=AFQjCNG9dMdJgzWGyaPplhxzYENzjK8uog&sig2=qLimYmOvsWRXeDnceMD54w&bvm=bv.44770516,d.eWU
>
> I was wondering to use DRBD to to this, but I don´t know how can do it
> using the LVM-based VM.
>
> Can anyone guide me?
>
> Thanks

I do this, but with KVM. That said, if you can manage to substitute Xen
for KVM while reading, this might help;

https://alteeve.ca/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial

It's a tutorial for building a totally fault-tolerant 2-node cluster. It
uses DRBD for storage replication and clustered LVM LVs as the backing
devices for VMs, same as you are asking for. Beyond that, it also covers
redundant networking and the redundancy of other components as well.

hope this helps. :)

--
Digimer
access to education?