[DRBD-user] What to do about read errors on the primary?

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Tue Sep 18 00:04:09 CEST 2012

I have read errors on the primary side, which caused the secondary to go
into an "inconsistent" state.  This means that the disk which
desperately needs backing up, is no longer being backed up (!).

In an ideal world, it seems to me what one would like for DRBD to do
would be:
    get the data from the secondary
    write it to the primary - which often "fixes" read errors
    continue on syncing everything else to the secondary

How do I get it to do these things?  Or tell me why I don't really want
this behavior?

    Thanks!

    -- Alan Robertson
        alanr at unix.sh