[DRBD-user] oracle on drbd failed

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Sep 3 12:19:56 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 11:10:44AM +0800, Mia Lueng wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I built a cluster to protect oracle database. The oracle db file
> stored on the drbd(8.3.13)  device using protocol A.  But sometime
> oracle can not be failover  when the primary node is down. Here is the
> testing step

Please show the drbd configuration
(drbdadm dump, or even better, drbdsetup 0 show)
and cat /proc/drbd.

Also, what is the kernel version, distribution/platform?
What does the rest of the IO stack look like?

> How can I avoid there errors and let oracle be failover at any time
> the primary node crash?  Thanks.
>
> BTW: protocol A is needed because the cluster running  WAN  and using a proxy.

Proxy, as in "drbd-proxy"?
Why not contact your LINBIT support channel, then?

--
: Lars Ellenberg