[DRBD-user] GFS2 freezes

Zohair Raza engineerzuhairraza at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:51:13 CET 2012

So If I don't have real fencing device, I can't get a cluster?

My requirement is to synchronized two Samba boxes between remote locations,
I can't use rsync because of bandwidth consumption and system processing
each time it will run it will go through each file and see if it is synced
or not.

While GFS seemed to be the right option, but as two servers are distant
from each other I can not have fencing device as it may experience power
outage or network failures quite often.

What do you guys suggest in such scenario?

Regards,
Zohair Raza