[DRBD-user] Setting up per-VM LVM volumes as individual DRBD mirrors - compatible?

Whit Blauvelt whit+drbd at transpect.com
Sun Oct 28 18:25:25 CET 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:34:40PM -0400, Whit Blauvelt wrote:

Just a note. The edit of the source dev in the kvm xml file did work for one
test VM (once I had the drbd set to primary - duh). But it DID NOT work for
the next one I tried it on. The VM after the change could not fully boot. So
if someone in the future makes the initial mistake I did re layering drbd
and raw VMs on individual LVM volumes, the short-cut solution of simply
changing the xml to point to by DRBD partition name rather than LVM partion
name is not safe. The failed instance got part way into booting, but failed
to find and mount whole partitions within the VM.

Whit