[DRBD-user] LCMC display (and other tools) says "up to date" but DRBD is not

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Thu Oct 25 16:09:02 CEST 2012

Mostly what Adam said, but specifically:

On 10/25/2012 03:38 PM, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> In the case where that data was a normal
> filesystem, that's what DRBD does, right? That's the point of the offer to
> duplicate the existing data from primary to secondary? So with a normal
> filesystem, you can have a filesystem with data, add DRBD, and DRBD slips
> itself under the filesystem.

DRBD doesn't slip itself under anything. It sets up a new block device
atop an existing block device. You can mount the filesystem contained in
this new block device.

*Or* you scratch that and instead mount the same file system as seen in
the original block device. Thereby bypassing drbd and invalidating the
replicant instantly.

HTH,
Felix