[DRBD-user] non root drbdadm?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Oct 17 22:35:05 CEST 2012

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:54:56 -0700 (PDT) Jiann-Ming Su
<su_js1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to run drbdadm as a non root user?
>
> $ /sbin/drbdadm cstate dhcp
> bind() failed: Operation not permitted
> Missing privileges? You should run this as root.
> Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 cstate' terminated with exit code
> 20 drbdadm aborting
>
> Thanks for any tips.

With sudo you can allow group-members to execute commands with
super-user rights.

But you can also allow group-members or users to execute certain
commands with or without a defined list of arguments as super-user or
as any other user.

So with a bit of magic it is really easy to allow certain users to
execute "sudo drbdadm cstate dhcp" (and no other drbdadm-variant) with
or without password.

Have fun,

Arnold