[DRBD-user] startup hang after "yes"

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Sat May 26 19:23:00 CEST 2012

I'm building a new drbd machine. I put 8.4.0 on a Debian 603 and all looks
fine except ...

Since I'm testing, I don't have another node. I did create-md and then
primary --force. At boot time, there is no peer, so I get the count-up to
yes. When I enter yes, nothing happens.

If I ssh in and stop/start drbd, all is normal and my initialization scripts
finally run (the ones after drbd).

What can I do to stop the hang?

Other possibly mitigating factors:
 There is no Ethernet cable connected to the NIC for DRBD synchronization.
 There is only one drbd resource defined, drbd3 (no 0, 1 or 2).

I chose 8.4.0 to match the peer in the environment. I thought about 8.4.1 or
8.3.13, but I'll just update everybody to 9 soon.

Dan