[DRBD-user] need discribtion and help

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed May 23 22:55:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 23.05.2012 17:12, Mahmoud Alshinhab wrote:
> Dears Kindly help as I Can’t create the drbd device because of this
> error message

The full error message already contains everything. I have quoted the
relevant parts below and am going to interpret it for you:

Your disk already contains a filesystem and uses the space up to the
last bit.
If you don't want to preserve the fs, copy some random stuff or zeros to
the first couple of MB of the partition.
If you want to preserve the data and just add redundancy, shrink the
filesystem a bit to make room for drbd's internal meta data and then try
the create-md again. Or learn about and use external meta-data.

Hope that helps,

Arnold

<snip>

--
Dieses Email wurde elektronisch erstellt und ist ohne handschriftliche
Unterschrift gültig.