[DRBD-user] Reasons not to use allow-two-primaries with DRDB

karel04 at gmail.com karel04 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 19:53:20 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM, karel04 at gmail.com <karel04 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Clustered file systems require some form of clustered locking. GFS2
>> uses DLM, not sure what OCFS2 uses.
> I am not using automated failovers, so I decided to go the easy way
> and use the OCFS2 legacy setup.  I found it much easier to set up,
> then clvm.

Replying to my own comment:
Unfortunately the OCFS2 setup was not well suited for my goals.  OCFS2
has an inbuilt heartbeat o2cb which reboots the server upon lost
network connections.

Possibly I could try to detect the missing network connection (DRBB
8.3 does not seem to expose an handler for that?), disconnect the
resource and try to remount it locally before o2cb reboots the system.
 But I guess it would always require a manual split brain recovery.