[DRBD-user] drbd wrong lower device doubt

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon May 21 10:15:39 CEST 2012

On 05/21/2012 10:06 AM, 陈楠 wrote:
> Thank you for your help , Frank. Actually, we have two drbd partition A

Felix :-)
(Don't worry, this happens to a lot of people)

> using device /dev/vg01/share and partition B /dev/vg02/share, we also
> have two system Business A with partition A and Business B with
> partition B on the machine. In our design, we take A-A, B-B, when using
> this mode, config is right. But someone take A-B mode, the  peer's
> device is wrong in configuration file. But everything is ok, A can sync
> to B, and with heartbeat every node can take-over, I am worrying about
> some risksabout drbd  in the future  . (DRBD configuring is automated.)
> Can you explain it to me?
> Thank you!

I'm not sure I understood your setup right. So there is actually two
DRBD resources?

Your config should look like this on both nodes then (untested example
config!)

resource PartitionA {
        meta-disk internal;
        device /dev/drbd0;
        disk /dev/vg01/share;  # <- Partition A: always vg01
        on NodeA {
                address 2.2.2.150:7788;
        }
        on NodeB {
		address 2.2.2.151:7788;
        }
}

resource PartitionB {
        meta-disk internal;
        device /dev/drbd1;
        disk /dev/vg02/share;  # <- Partition B: always vg02
        on NodeA {
                address 2.2.2.150:7789;
        }
        on NodeB {
		address 2.2.2.151:7789;
        }
}

Also, sorry for asking you to take Dan's config verbatim. I just noticed
it was a pseudo-config.

Regards,
Felix