[DRBD-user] drbd-8.3.13.tar.gz

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue May 15 15:05:50 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 03:24:12PM +0900, Christian Balzer wrote:

> Hello Phillip,
>
> thanks for a version that compiles out of the box on 3.x kernels. ^o^
>
> However there is one outstanding and rather critical issue not addressed
> bit it, I'm talking about the lack of a:
> ---
> ---
> line in the rc.d script.

Sorry, I'm lazy, thus asking for pointers:
And that is supposed to have what effect?
And that is supposed to work with which distributions?
And that is documented where?

> This was recently fixed in Debian and has bitten yours truly quite
> painfully in the ass twice, before I realized what was going on.
>
> Since "wfc-timeout" defaults to 0 and pretty much all example
> configurations suggest that that as well the init script really needs to
> interactive.
>
> I experienced a double (both nodes) crash in the past, one node never
> recovered and the other was stuck in the boot process waiting for it with
> no way to resume booting due to the inability to actually enter "yes"
> at the prompt...

The "yes" should work now, btw,
and you can always ssh in and kill the drbdsetup wait-conn processes.

> Would be nice if this could be fixed for any future releases and heads-up
> to anybody reading this.

If we knew about that particular magic,
we might even have added that line already.

But sorry, I don't really read (or follow)
init script magic comment RFCs too often ;-)

Thanks for bringing this up.

If you had brought it up during RC,
you probably had it in now.

--