[DRBD-user] drbd-8.3.13.tar.gz

Mon May 7 17:00:05 CEST 2012

On 05/07/2012 09:28 AM, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Compared to 8.3.12 this release has only bug fixes, no new features.
>
>   It is worth noting that all previous DRBD-releases did not enforce
>   correct ordering of (some) write operations on a resync-target node.
>
>   This can be triggered with the 'cfq' (and possible other) linux
>   disk schedulers. -- It is known that when you stay with an DRBD
>   release before 8.3.13 and switch the scheduler to 'noop', then it is
>   no longer to reproduce the issue.
>
>   It is a rare condition, which is hard to trigger, it may causes
>   corruption in the sense that it looks like if a single block
>   write was not executed on the secondary.
>   (actually it was overwritten with the previous version of the data,
>    this second write originates from the resync process.)
>

> Upgrading to this release is for sure a good idea.
>

> 8.3.13 (api:88/proto:86-96)
> --------
>  * Fixed a write ordering problem on SyncTarget nodes for a write
>    to a block that gets resynced at the same time. The bug can
>    only be triggered with a device that has a firmware that
>    actually reorders writes to the same block
>  * Fixed a race between disconnect and receive_state, that could cause
>    a IO lockup
>  * Fixed resend/resubmit for requests with disk or network timeout
>  * Make sure that hard state changed do not disturb the connection
>    establishing process (I.e. detach due to an IO error). When the
>    bug was triggered it caused a retry in the connect process
>  * Postpone soft state changes to no disturb the connection
>    establishing process (I.e. becoming primary). When the bug
>    was triggered it could cause both nodes going into SyncSource state
>  * Fixed a refcount leak that could cause failures when trying to
>    unload a protocol family modules, that was used by DRBD
>  * Dedicated page pool for meta data IOs
>  * Deny normal detach (as opposed to --forced) if the user tries
>    to detach from the last UpToDate disk in the resource
>  * Fixed a possible protocol error that could be caused by
>    "unusual" BIOs.
>  * Enforce the disk-timeout option also on meta-data IO operations
>  * Implemented stable bitmap pages when we do a full write out of
>    the bitmap
>
> http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/8.3/drbd-8.3.13.tar.gz
> http://git.drbd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/drbd-8.3.13
> http://www.linbit.com/support/drbd-8.3.13/
>
> Best regards,
>  Philipp

wget http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/8.3/drbd-8.3.13.tar.gz

--2012-05-07 14:57:58--  http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/8.3/drbd-8.3.13.tar.gz
Resolving oss.linbit.com... 212.69.161.111
Connecting to oss.linbit.com|212.69.161.111|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2012-05-07 14:57:58 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

=====
Same when clicking on a browser ... Access Forbidden

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes