[DRBD-user] Preferred Version

J.R. Lillard jlillard at ghfllc.com
Tue May 1 21:02:20 CEST 2012

I've been running DRBD 8.3.12 on Ubuntu 11.10 for a couple months.  I just
upgraded one of my nodes to Ubuntu 12.04 which comes with kernel 3.2.  I
attempted to compile DRBD 8.3.12 and it said it didn't like the kernel.  I
would prefer to stick with whatever version comes with Ubuntu so I don't
have to manage it separately during upgrades but I also don't want to open
myself up to some big bug that was fixed in 8.3.12.  I know DRBD 8.3.11
comes standard with Ubuntu 12.04 and 11.10.  Is there a reason to compile
my own or is it safe to stick with stock?

--
J.R. Lillard
System / Network Admin