[DRBD-user] MySQL performance breakdown during resync to secondary node

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Tue Mar 27 16:24:29 CEST 2012

Am 27.03.2012 16:02, schrieb Brent Clark:
> Hiya
>

> I too sent a similar email, a little earlier.
>
> I sure hope someone can help us understand this.

Not sure which mail you mean, the one with the active-active setup? It
seems to me that this is a different issue.
In the case here I would suspect that drbd in some way manages to block
the mysql tables - but how, with innodb and only reading at a rate way
below the disk speed?
We are now trying to reproduce this, but it requires setting up the
complete database application to simulate the DB load. One point to note
is that it is not only the database access; we see high IOWaits during
sync - even with very low sync speeds.

Best regards,
JC