[DRBD-user] Drbd high load when doing tasks off DRBD resource / volume.

Brent Clark brentgclarklist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:45:34 CEST 2012

Hey Guys

I would just like to find out if anyone has this same problem or maybe if someone knows why the server does this.

We have a a few setups, whereby we make use of Active - Active DRBD. We find that whenever one of us does some activity (e.g. move or untar) a fairly sized file, the load on servers (esp on the opposite node (i,e, node we not even working on) goes up.
But whats really interesting is that this 'activity' is not performed on the DRBD resource / volume.

Would anyone know why there is load or what is the cause?

Kind Regards
Brent Clark