[DRBD-user] Quick heads-up in case you see us disappearing from the list (was Re: Switch from MD to DRBD)

Kushnir, Michael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] michael.kushnir at nih.gov
Thu Mar 22 15:23:10 CET 2012

I've been on this list for a long time as both my National Library of Medicine and private persona. Florian has helped me learn the basics of DRBD and high-performance storage, and he has helped me with numerous issues without ever asking for thanks or reward.

I think misunderstandings happen. I think it would be a shame to let a misunderstanding lead to the loss of a subject-matter expert and helpful guide from this list. Egos can flare  easily, especially over email, but let's remember that this is a group for collaboration over open source software. The questions that people ask and the answers that experts offer lead to the improvement of the software and everyone's user experience.

Best regards,

Michael Kushnir

Lead Unix and VMware Systems Engineer
Communications Engineering Branch
Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Information
National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health

Phone: 	301-435-3219
Email:		michael.kushnir at nih.gov