[DRBD-user] centos 5 drbd 8 uptodate is false

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Thu Mar 15 12:30:47 CET 2012

You don't have to shut down the VMs, but you have to have adequate storage.

Build a NEW dbrd array.
Migrate a your VMs to it.
Delete the old array.

Depending on your storage and VMs, you may be able to stage this in several
steps so you don't need all the storage to be duplicated. Assuming you have
VMa, VMb and VMc on Disk1, and VMd, VMe and VMf on Disk2, you could.

Build a drbd array on New space.
Migrate VMa, VMb and VMc to it.
Build a drbd array on the space of Disk1.
Migrate VMd, VMe and VMf to it.
Recover the space of Disk2.

hth

Dan Barker