[DRBD-user] centos 5 drbd 8 uptodate is false

Adi Spivak adispi at compulab.co.il
Thu Mar 15 09:20:08 CET 2012

Hi.
I ma using the drbd that comes with centos.
My centos version is 5.8

My /proc/drbd say as following:

version: 8.0.16 (api:86/proto:86)
GIT-hash: d30881451c988619e243d6294a899139eed1183d build by
mockbuild at v20z-x86-64.home.local, 2009-08-22 13:27:08

 1: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---
    ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
        resync: used:0/61 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0
        act_log: used:0/127 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0

However, this is not true.
This LVM drive is connected to a XEN VM and after verifing the initial
sync and seeing that they are identical, i have made small changes to
the original machine by adding some files to the desktop and running
some updates.

The /proc/drbd keep cliaming they are uptodate, however, when i turn off
the vm on the primary and start on the secondary it is the same as the
original sync with none of my small changes.

This is my drbd.conf (simple and taken from the guide and without the
IPs and real machine names):
#
# please have a a look at the example configuration file in
# /usr/share/doc/drbd/drbd.conf
#
global {
  usage-count yes;
}
common {
  protocol C;
}
resource r0 {
  on san {
    device    /dev/drbd1;
    disk      /dev/mapper/storage-ranadtech;
    address   <IP>:7789;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  on sanbkp {
    device    /dev/drbd1;
    disk      /dev/mapper/storage-ranadtech;
    address   <IP>:7789;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
}

What do i need to change to make it work?

Thank you.