[DRBD-user] drbd 8.3 - 6 nodes

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Mar 6 09:45:31 CET 2012

Hi,

now you've cleared things up for me, thanks.

On 03/06/2012 04:27 AM, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> without drbd, A3 would automatically mount A1's LUN & run as
>>> A1 while resuming A1's role via rgmanager

Without DRBD? How does this work? Are those LUNs on a SAN?

With DRBD, you would need to set things up so that A3 has 2 DRBD
volumes. One is shared with A1, another with A2. Your cluster manager
would take care to normally have A1 and A2 be primary, and A3 in
respective failover conditions.

I'm not sure how you separate A1's from A2's services on A3, but your
cluster configuration probably takes care of that already.

> A1 in case of failure, will failover to A3
> A2 in case of failure, will failover to A3

OK, fine.

> i hope i explained it correctly this time. forgive me for my terrible
> command of the english language.

Trust me, I've seen far, far worse :-)

Regards,
Felix