[DRBD-user] Pacemaker - DRBD fails on node every couple hours

Christoph Roethlisberger christoph at iway.ch
Thu Mar 1 13:22:22 CET 2012

I did the loop a couple times and it aways "failed" rather soon:

# i=0; while drbdsetup 0 dstate >/dev/null ; do let i++; done; echo "failed
after $i calls"
<1>error creating netlink socket
Could not connect to 'drbd' generic netlink family
failed after 28492 calls

# i=0; while drbdsetup 0 dstate >/dev/null ; do let i++; done; echo "failed
after $i calls"
<1>error creating netlink socket
Could not connect to 'drbd' generic netlink family
failed after 31887 calls

# i=0; while drbdsetup 0 dstate >/dev/null ; do let i++; done; echo "failed
after $i calls"
<1>error creating netlink socket
Could not connect to 'drbd' generic netlink family
failed after 10861 calls

attached you should find the output from the run run with strace.

Christoph Röthlisberger