[DRBD-user] A problem about oracle on drbd

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jun 29 13:48:22 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 09:52:16AM +0200, Felix Frank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 06/29/2012 05:34 AM, Lyre wrote:
> > build DRBDs (protocol A)
>
> why is that? :-) Have you tried C?
>
> The fact that your secondary has inconsistent data after you kill the

That is incorrect.

Just because you do "asynchronous" replication does not mean the
secondary has inconsistent data.

It will not always have the very latest transactions.
But it will be consistent.

(unless, of course, it had been sync target at that time,
but that is true for all drbd protocols, not only for "A").

--
: Lars Ellenberg