[DRBD-user] Partition being synced must be on its own LVM volume?

Keith Christian keith1christian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 23:10:04 CEST 2012

In previous DRBD installations, a separate physical (e.g. non-LVM)
partition was kept in sync with DRBD.  This partition was, say,
/dev/sda3 and was mounted on a /data directory in /etc/ha.d/
haresources.

While planning this for a new LVM based install, it occurs to me that
the partition that is mounted on /data must be a separate Logical
Volume.

Currently, /data resides in the same logical volume that hosts /.

Am I correct in thinking that when DRBD starts, it would sync not only
/data, but everything else in / too, including /root, /var, /home,
etc.?  I don't see how it wouldn't.

So it appears I'll have to create a separate logical volume and mount
/data on it as in the past.

Sound reasonable, DRBD people?

Thanks.

=====Keith