[DRBD-user] drbd 8.3.12 not writing meta data

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jun 8 15:35:36 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 09:28:33PM +0200, Dirk wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> on a freshly installed server pair I am activating 3 drbd volumes each.
> The first two go without problem, the third returns
> >[root at server-01 ~]# drbdadm create-md RESOURCE
> >Writing meta data...
> >initializing activity log
> >NOT initialized bitmap
> >New drbd meta data block successfully created.
> >success
> >Command 'drbdmeta 2 v08 /dev/sda7 internal write-dev-uuid
> >B8B8EDD2900264FC' terminated with exit code 255
> The weird things about that are:
> - /dev/sda7 is a freshly created partition with nothing on it
> - this happens on both servers with exactly this partition
>
> Even disabling sanity-checks does not really work:

No, nothing to do with those.

> I am stuck. I do not google many hits with the above exit code and
> find nothing in the docs about it - any hint or help is appreciated.

maybe you can strace it,
and/or run with an insane amount of "-v", like

strace -o tmp.create.out \
  drbdmeta 2 v08 /dev/sda7 internal create-md -vvvvvvvvvvv
strace -o tmp.write-dev-uuid.out \
  drbdmeta 2 v08 /dev/sda7 internal write-dev-uuid B8B8EDD2900264FC -vvvvvvvvvvv

Possibly cleaning up in /var/lib/drbd/*.lkbd helps.
If so, let us know.

--
: Lars Ellenberg