[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.3 User's Guide - al-extents typo

Pascal BERTON pascal.berton3 at free.fr
Wed Jun 6 22:24:22 CEST 2012

Guys,

It seems that the drbd.conf man page section (DRBD 8.3 Users Guide page 135)
provides an erroneous max value for the "al-extents" parameter. It reads
3843 when it seems to be 3833 in reality :

[root at euriastore2 drbd.d]# drbdadm create-md vmfs

drbd.d/global_common.conf:27: al-extents 3843 => 3843 out of range
[7..3833].

[root at euriastore2 drbd.d]#

Well, not a big deal, it effectively works fine with 3833.

BTW, I've often seen references to a value of 3389 for it. Any reason for
that ? Just a legacy value that DRBD users forgot to update ?  Or is there
any other reason for that ?

Best regards,

Pascal.