[DRBD-user] Read Balancing Broken in 8.4.1?

Shaun Thomas sthomas at optionshouse.com
Wed Jun 6 22:18:05 CEST 2012

On 06/04/2012 08:45 AM, Shaun Thomas wrote:

> The weird thing is that this is a system where we've failed over to the
> second node several times, and the second node checks out. Clearly DRBD
> is working properly, but the read balancing feature just fails outright.

Replying to my own message again, but I figured out what is causing
this. In order to do performance testing, I was doing this:

echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Then any command that wanted information from the DRDB mount would fail
with "Resource temporarily unavailable" on the first attempt. Subsequent
attempts work. This tells me there's some kind of assumption DRBD 8.4.1
is making about the system cache that it shouldn't be.

I'm tempted to submit this as a bug, but I would feel better if someone
else could confirm this behavior.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534