[DRBD-user] Three-way replication setup

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Tue Jun 5 21:06:46 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Luca Fornasari <luca.fornasari at upprovider.it> schrieb:
>>I have already setup a two  node HA Proxmox cluster configuring as per
>><http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Two-Node_High_Availability_Cluster>
>>http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD
>>So I have a primary/primary DRBD resource (yes I configured fencing
>>correctly).
>>
>>I'm wondering if I can set up third (remote) machine and have a
>>three-way replication setup as per
>>http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-8.3/s-three-nodes.html
>>
>>Anyone has already experiment such scenario?
>
> I believe that three nodes including dual-primary is probably a nightmare to setup and an even worse nightmare configuring a cluster to automate it...

It's not a nightmare. It's just not possible. You can sleep soundly. :)

> As far as I was told, linbit is working on three-way drbd-replication on a single-layer. But there are other systems both on the block- and on the fs-layer that do n-way replication...

Yup. Well actually I'm not aware of anything that does n-way
multi-master at the block level, although you could say that RBD does
(not exactly correct, but close enough). Multi-master n-way filesystem
replication is available in GlusterFS.

Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?